19 July 2014

Still stripey

(click to enlarge) 
Recently, more and more stripes have appeared on the daily painting. Every now and then I try to amalgamate some of them.

In today's version, some of the colours underneath still show a bit, and the dark stripes have been made into slivers -
This project has been going on for quite a while now, and I'm amazed at how much I look forward to getting into the studio and "doing something" to the canvas.

Now that I'm happier about using paint, it's all about the overpainting, about impermanence, about not needing to know what's going to happen next.

I'm not all that pleased with today's version ... it's rather reminiscent of a type of striped pyjamas I particularly dislike ... and despite a lot of repainting the balance needs further tweaking - but I did what I could with the three colours I squeezed out, and hey, it'll all be different tomorrow...

No comments: